The effects of sodium and calcium intake on blood lead levels in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
In case you missed the last video, The Rise in Blood Lead Levels at Pregnancy and Menopause (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Rise-in-Blood-Lead-Levels-at-Pregnancy-and-Menopause) offers some background.
The milk-making-things-worse video I mention is How to Lower Lead Levels with Diet: Breakfast, Whole Grains, Milk, Tofu? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Lead-Levels-with-Diet-Breakfast-Whole-Grains-Milk-Tofu).
Note: whole food sources of calcium may be preferable, as I document in my video Are Calcium Supplements Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-calcium-supplements-safe/).
More on pregnancy detox in:
• Lead Contamination in Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-of-tea)
• Flame Retardant Pollutants and Child Development (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flame-retardant-pollutants-and-child-development)
• How Long to Detox From Fish Before Pregnancy? (https://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy/)
• Meat Fumes: Dietary Secondhand Smoke (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-fumes-dietary-secondhand-smoke/)
• The Effect of Animal Protein on Stress Hormones, Testosterone, and Pregnancy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effect-of-animal-protein-on-stress-hormones-testosterone-and-pregnancy)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-pregnant-women-take-calcium-supplements-to-lower-lead-levels and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-pregnant-women-take-calcium-supplements-to-lower-lead-levels. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/