Oil pulling is put to the test head-to-head against chlorhexidine mouthwash for oral and dental health measures.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is the 2nd in a 4-part series on oil pulling. If you missed the first one, watch it here: Does Oil Pulling Help With Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Oil-Pulling-Help-With-Cancer).
Stay tuned for Oil Pulling for Teeth Whitening and Bad Breath Tested (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-risks-of-oil-pulling) next.
Note: I do not recommend oil pulling. I explain why in my upcoming final video of the series: The Risks of Oil Pulling (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-risks-of-oil-pulling).
Here are some other tips on oral and dental health:
• Don’t Use Antiseptic Mouthwash (C:UsersbradPicturesnfvol 39nutritionfacts.orgvideodont-use-antiseptic-mouthwash)
• Plant-Based Diets: Oral Health(https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-oral-health/)
• Plant-Based Diets: Dental Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-dental-health/)
• Can Gargling Prevent the Common Cold? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-gargling-prevent-the-common-cold/)
• What’s the Best Mouthwash? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-the-best-mouthwash)
• Protecting Teeth From Hibiscus Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Protecting-Teeth-From-Hibiscus-Tea)
• Is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate-Safe)
• Is CABP in SLS-Free Toothpaste Any Better? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-CABP-in-SLS-Free-Toothpaste-Any-Better)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oil-pulling-benefits-for-plaque-and-gingivitis and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oil-pulling-benefits-for-plaque-and-gingivitis. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/