Are the apparently amazing benefits of amla—dried indian gooseberries—too good to be true?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
So excited to get back to this after all these years. Here’s the original series, which gives tips on how to find the stuff:
• Amla Versus Cancer Cell Growth (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-cancer-cell-growth)
• Amla Versus Cancer Cell Invasion (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-cancer-cell-invasion/)
• Amla Versus Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-diabetes/)
What else is super-duper antioxidant packed? See my videos Antioxidant Power of Plant Foods vs. Animal Foods (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidant-power-of-plant-foods-versus-animal-foods) and Antioxidant Content of 3,139 Foods (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidant-content-of-3139-foods/).
Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion in my next video Amla vs. Drugs for Cholesterol, Inflammation, and Blood-Thinning (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Amla-vs-Drugs-for-Cholesterol-Inflammation-and-Blood-Thinning).
No matter how well it works, though, one can essentially eliminate risk of heart disease with a healthy enough diet. See my overview video How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease). But if after doing everything right your cholesterol is still too high, amla may help.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-food-for-high-cholesterol and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-food-for-high-cholesterol. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/