Avocado consumption can improve artery function, but what effect might guacamole have on cancer risk?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
The Effects of Avocados and Red Wine on Meal-Induced Inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-avocados-and-red-wine-on-meal-induced-inflammation) is the first updated video I did on avocado consumption, with more to come.
How Not to Die from Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer) is an overview on dietary approaches to cancer prevention and treatment, and then I have hundreds of videos on all the common individual cancers.
Even once one has prostate cancer, it’s not too late to improve your diet. See, for example:
• Prostate Cancer Survival: The A/V Ratio (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-survival-the-av-ratio/)
• Eggs, Choline, and Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/)
• Prostate Cancer and Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/)
• Pomegranate vs. Placebo for Prostate Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/pomegranate-vs-placebo-for-prostate-cancer)
• Best Supplements for Prostate Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Supplements-for-Prostate-Cancer)
• Treating Advanced Prostate Cancer with Diet: Part 1 (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/Treating-Advanced-Prostate-Cancer-with-Diet-Part-1)
• Treating Advanced Prostate Cancer with Diet: Part 2 (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/Treating-Advanced-Prostate-Cancer-with-Diet-Part-2)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-avocados-healthy and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-avocados-healthy. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/