Women with uterine fibroids should consider adding green tea to their daily diet, as a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled interventional trial suggests is may help as well as surgery.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
More on diet in general in my last video, The Best Diet for Fibroids (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-diet-for-fibroids).
For more remarkable studies on what individual foods can do for women’s health, see:
• Flax Seeds for Breast Pain (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-breast-pain/)
• Fennel Seeds for Menstrual Cramps and PMS (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fennel-seeds-for-menstrual-cramps-and-pms/)
• Benefits of Ginger for Menstrual Cramps (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-ginger-for-menstrual-cramps)
• Is Soy Healthy for Breast Cancer Survivors? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Soy-Healthy-for-Breast-Cancer-Survivors)
Tons of other videos on green tea. And on men’s health too. See, for example Preventing Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-prostate-cancer-with-green-tea) and Treating Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-prostate-cancer-with-green-tea).
My latest before this was Natural Treatment for Acne and Fungal Infections (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Natural-Treatment-for-Acne-and-Fungal-Infections/).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-food-for-fibroids and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-food-for-fibroids. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/