The same diet that helps regulate hormones in women may also reduce exposure to endocrine-disrupting pollutants.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
OK, a plant-based diet may be best, but is there a plant in particular that has been shown to be particularly powerful? I’m glad you asked! That’s the topic of my follow-up video The Best Food for Fibroids (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-food-for-fibroids) coming up next.
More on contaminated herbal products in videos such as Get the Lead Out (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/get-the-lead-out/) and Some Ayurvedic Medicine Worse than Lead Paint Exposure (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/some-ayurvedic-medicine-worse-than-lead-paint-exposure/).
I’ve got 71 videos the effects of diet on estrogens. Here’s a taste:
• Estrogen in Meat, Dairy, & Eggs (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/estrogen-in-meat-dairy-and-eggs)
• Why Do Vegan Women Have 5x Fewer Twins? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-vegan-women-have-5x-fewer-twins)
• Fiber vs. Breast Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fiber-vs-breast-cancer)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-diet-for-fibroids and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-diet-for-fibroids. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/