Acid reflux also known as heartburn or GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) plagues 20% of the population unnecessarily.
Yes that’s correct unnecessarily!
So why are Proton Pump inhibitors (PPIs) drugs like Nexium, Prilosec, and Prevacid among the highest-selling classes of drugs in North America? To the tune of 9.5 billion in annual sales.
Because medical doctors have it wrong when it concerns Acid Reflux. They do not know what causes it and they don’t know how to cure it. So they make Billions managing it…
Here are eight risk factors that Do Not cause heartburn:
Eating a large meals
Eating just before bed
Lying down right after a meal
Drinking alcohol, tea or coffee
Eating spicy foods, citrus, fatty foods, chocolate, onions or garlic
Taking medication such as aspirin, muscle relaxers or blood pressure medication
These factors are known to trigger heartburn. But remember correlation does not equal causation.
Medical doctors have told you that acid reflux is a result of too much stomach acid – but they can’t tell you why or how this happens (it doesn’t). Their ad hoc solution is to give a PPI to stop the production of stomach acid….The result no more GERD. This is like cutting off a finger to eliminate finger pain. It is an out of date, juvenile prescription which completely misses the point. Par for the course in MD land.
The reality of the situation us that Acid Reflux is caused by not enough stomach acid!
More about Dr. Glidden
Take the supplements that Dr. Glidden takes!
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
Checkout the podcast!
Checkout our recent vodcasts!
• 1976 – 1977: Williams College, Williamstown MA
• 1980: Certified to teach Yoga by the state of California after completing a 6 month intensive Yoga Teacher Training course at Ananda Cooperative Community in Grass Valley, CA
• 1987: BS Pre Med – University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA
• 1991: Doctoral Degree in Naturopathic Medicine (ND) – Bastyr University, Seattle WA
• 1987 – Present: Member of American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
• 1992 – 2002: Member Massachusetts Society of Naturopathic Physicians
• 1992 – Present: Private practice of Naturopathic Medicine HAS BEEN LICENSED TO PRACTICE NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE SINCE 1992
• Over 150 lectures worldwide since 2009
• Author of “The MD Emperor Has No Clothes
• Radio host of “The Dr. Glidden Show” 1 hour weekday program on GCNLive.com
• Regular guest on Radio show “Dead Doctor’s Don’t Lie” since 2010
• Television appearances on public TV promoting Naturopathic Medicine.
More from Dr. Glidden